Semi-annually we treat first year members to a happy hour or get together of some fashion. It’s a great opportunity for staff and other members to mingle with the newcomers.
For the winter get together, we hosted a Mixology Class last night to spark some new festive drink ideas. We know it’s a busy time of year with various parties and gatherings so it’s the perfect time to show off a new libation!
For those not able to take advantage in person, the instructions and ingredients are below for three different drinks.
The first drink we will start with is the Glenmorangie Highball. It is beautifully simple, and one of the best ways to enjoy Glenmorangie.
- 1.5 oz. Glenmorangie 10 year
- 4-6 oz. club soda (glass size will let you know how much soda)
- Place ice in glass, pour Glenmorangie then soda over ice, quick stir… boom
- Garnish with lemon twist/wedge
- 2 oz. Belvedere Unfiltered Vodka
- 1.5 oz. Earl Gray simple syrup
- 1/4 cream
- Add all ingredients over ice, stir for 15 seconds
- Strain into a Martini Glass
- Top it off with 1 dash of freshly ground cinnamon
- 3/4 oz. Woodinville Rye
- 3/4 Hennessy VSOP
- 3/4 Sweet vermouth
- 1/4 Benedictine
- 3 dashes angostora bitters
- 3 dashes petchauds bitters
- Stir all ingredients and serve up with lemon twist
We hope you enjoy these! Now you can show off your drink making skills to friends and family.
Also, if you feel so inclined please comment your favorite drink recipes below.